Friday 12 August 2011

Crafty Ribbons Challenge DT call

I've never been on a DT (design team) before but I'd really love to have a go and the brand new Crafty Ribbon Challenge blog are having a DT call which is why I'm posting this here. I'm really looking forward to the launch of their blog on September 1st - I love ribbon!! - it will be like an early birthday present :D

All the information on how to enter can be found over on the Crafty Ribbon Challenge blog so go have a look if you're interested. They also have some fabulous blog candy up for grabs at the moments so well worth heading over there and taking a peak at that too.

As part of the application I have to choose 3-5 of my favourite/best projects. Here they are in no particular order:


I made this card using some free design paper and embellishments from a magazine, mounted on some blue card and topped off with a blue button. I love the vintage feel to this card and granddad seemed to like it too.

I love the different textures created in this card just by using different embossing folders. I'm still getting to grips with colouring stamped images but I'm hoping my new water blending pen will help with that and I'll keep practising!


I made this card using a forever friends outline stickers and backed everything with Papermania brown card (I didn't like it at first but I'm totally loving it now - so versatile!) matched with some embossed green card and a strip of coredinations punched with a Martha Stewart Stamp, all finished off with a little bit of sticky ribbon. I think it's really cute!




I made this card for a couple of challenges following a sketch and the theme of flowers and just really like the outcome. Definitely one of my favourite recent makes.


This one is made with a sentiment rather than a stamp as the focus, using coredinations card and a Martha Stewart stamp along the peach card all topped off with flowers, buttons and ribbon from the Papermania Summer collection from last year - I have a near never ending supply of these buttons and flowers it seems!

These are my favourites and I hope they show the range of colours and styles of cards that I like to create, a mixture of Christmas, birthdays and other occasions. Please feel free to look at my other cards by rifling through my other blog posts :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards,love your thank you card....Thanks for entering our DT call at Crafty Ribbons,good luck....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete