Thursday 24 April 2014

Lavinia Fairy clock


Something a bit different to a card for a change! I got this clock base at the Crafty Weekend last year and was inspired to use the circular Lavinia sentiment in the middle. I first painted a piece of card with Bora Bora fresco paint and then used the Creative Expressions disco stencil and some shimmer mists to create a subtle pattern. I stamped and embossed the sentiment with Wow gold sparkle embossing powder. The outer piece of the clock is covered in First Editions New Blooms paper and then I decided to use the little Lavinia fairies and butterflies instead of numbers, again embossed with gold sparkle.

I would like to enter this clock into the Lavinia April challenge - Spring colours.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! lovely clock. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow, I love the way the sentiment fits so beautifully on your clock face, such a great idea! Glad you shared it with us at Lavinia this time, good luck with the challenge, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - love the gilded embossing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete