I've had a Gelli plate for a few weeks now but have been lacking a bit in inspiration. Last weekend I finally decided to give it a go and had lots of fun experimenting. Then when I saw that this week's PaperArtsy guest designer Pam Thorburn had been using her own homemade gelli plate I knew I had to have a go at creating something. Here's what I came up with:
The background was made in three layers; first I used stone fresco paint to pull a flat print and clean off the gelli print from my experiments the day before, hence the random green flecks here and there. Once that was dry I used a Lin Brown stencil and some haystack to make the circles. When I pulled the print off the circles weren't very defined so I decided to replace the stencil once the paint was dry and go round each one with a gold promarker. When that was all done I stamped the flowers in amethyst, trying to line them up with the circles and then I stamped the leaf in sage. The sentiment is heat embossed in gold and the paper flower was also painted in amythyst. All the stamps are PaperArsty Lin Brown stamps. The green strip was an offcut from another gelli print.
I would like to enter this card into the PaperArtsy challenge.