I bought some new craft goodies yesterday, mainly dylusions inks and distress oxides, so I decided to spend the evening trying them out and decided that the challenge - Aqua - over at Paperartsy at the moment would be perfect.
I started off by blending cracked pistachio and broken china distress oxides on some white cardstock. Then I sprayed some polished jade dylusions through a paperartsy stencil but I didn't really get the effect I wanted so I went back over the stencil with some more broken china ink. I quite like the halo effect it's given to some of the circles. I then stamped with some turquoise archival straight onto the background with some free stamps from a magazine. I'd found these adorable wooden pieces when I was craft shopping and thought they'd be perfect; the branch is painted with stone and claret frescos for a pop of colour. The bird was painted with claret, crackle and mermaid but it didn't really work so I overheated the paint with my heat tool so it bubbled then added some patina guilding wax over the surface. The sentiment is from the Dina Wakley stamp set scribbly birds.
I had lots more fun making backgrounds last night so will hopefully have a few more projects to show in the near future!