Monday 31 July 2017

Garden of Dreams

Inspired by Dounia Large's post in this fortnight's paperartsy dark to light challenge, I decided to have a go at pulling the inks through from a dark to light layer like she did. I started with a piece of black card and sprayed some dylusions inks on to it. When that had dried I painted over the ink with some eggplant fresco paint. When that was finally dry I cut it into 2 pieces and on one piece used a stencil and some modelling paste to create the latticed background and on the other I stamped some Lynne Brown paperartsy stamps in white gesso. As you can see both mediums pulled the inks through from the layer below but I love the almost tiger-print pattern I got on the leaves and flower from the gesso. It was harder to stamp the sentiment with gesso as it kept running into the crevices but I used a white gel pen to create 'shadows and it looks better IRL than it does in the photo but it had to do as I didn't have anything else light to stamp it with. I then finished it off with some metal springs which you can just see if you look carefully!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh this is wonderful, amazing colours against the black xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great resilt! Love to see your own twist on the technique, the Dylusion inks work so well. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete