Thursday 26 June 2014

Unicorn card

Hello! I just got back from a wonderfully relaxing week at the West Coast of Sweden. The weather was good, just a bit of rain, and I learnt to fish, shoot, row a boat and celebrated my first midsummer in Sweden. Next week will be a bit different as I have three essays to write for my Swedish course but before getting started on those I decided to make a card instead...


I made this card using the technique for this month's craft stamper challenge which is called bleach blocking. I covered a piece of card with spiced marmalade, vintage photo and walnut stain distress inks then with a wet distress pad lifted the colour in the four panels to create a window. I really liked how it left some of the colour and made it look like ground. I masked off the area around the 'window' and added a little tumbled glass distress ink and stamped the unicorn from Lavinia Stamps. I wanted a little bit more depth to the card so added the kaisercraft crackle stamp to make it look like a very old wall, then finished off with the personal impressions sentiment and some beaded trim.



2 comments:

  1. Love your bleach-blocked window - how cool! Really effective way to use the technique. Hope you enjoyed Midsummer's Night (I've done it in Norway), and good luck with the essays...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous Emma, what a great technique, love the outcome! Thanks for your lovely comment, enjoy your Sunday, take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete