Saturday 14 June 2014

More Gelli plate fun


I made this card for my sister's birthday using my gelli plate for the background and range of PaperArtsy stamps and paints.

To make the background I experimented with the technique I've seen Barbara Grey do several times on Create and Craft where you stamp layers onto the gelli plate and leave them to dry in between. The first try was a disaster but the second one worked much better!

Then I took a kraft tag and painted it with frescos and a baby wipe. I really like the effect that it created. I heat embossed the sentiment with gold pearl WOW powder.

The leaves, flower and border I stamped onto remnants from other gelli plate pulls and then cut everything out and stuck it together. I finished it off with a bit of curled wire and the gorgeous butterfly brad which I've had in my stash for ages and didn't want to use :)

Thank you for looking!

2 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful Emma, long time no connect , xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely... I love the gold script on the grungy tag - fab design altogether!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete