Saturday 31 May 2014

Meerkats and my voyage into the world of creating digi images

Over the past few months I've been dabbling with creating digi stamps from hand drawn images based on a few commissions. I've really enjoyed doing this but was finding the editing quite laborious and couldn't quite get the look I wanted, that is until I discovered a fabulous free piece of software called Inkscape last week so I've spent many hours playing and experimenting over the past few days and I'm much happier with what I can achieve. I am hoping that I can start to make digis on a more regular basis and maybe eventually sell them (once I've worked out how the Swedish tax system works :-/ ).

Here is my first attempt, a very simple meerkat as requested by my nan. I purposely left the fur smooth as I thought I could create the furriness by letting the colour bleed outside the lines (very rare to do that intentionally!!). This one is coloured but if you would like to download a free plain version click on the Digi Stamps link at the top of my blog.



1 comment:

  1. Get you, Ms Digistamp designer! Your meerkat is adorable.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete