Sunday 2 October 2011

Blue Christmas


I made this card following a workshop at Sir Stampalot on Friday where I learnt how to use distress inks (sort of - still need lots of practice!!!) I used stormy sky to do the shading round the edge (this was one of my better attempts!) then stamped and coloured the image with the same colour distress inks. I made this card with just some different coloured blue cardstock, MS snowflake punch and some ribbon from crafty ribbons. I used the leftover snowflakes from the punch as embellishments and added some Kanban pearls. Sentiment from stash. I think it would make a really good male Christmas card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
The Crafty Pad - one for the boys
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Christmas Songs (blue christmas)
Fussy and Fancy - Try a new technique - distressing
Crafts 4 eternity - Anything goes
Sew Many Challenges - Anything goes









9 comments:

  1. A lovely card suitable for a male - love all the blue and those punched edges - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 40 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! Clearly paid attention in class! Great card for a male!
    Thanks for playing along in our One for the boys challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at c4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, love the colour!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles FCC this week, good luck!
    hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really nice. Love the effect. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, it would make a fabulous male Christmas card! It looks great! Thanks for joining our Monochrome challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue, great job..the distressing is fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at 'Fussy and Fancy'

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blue card! I really like your little snowflakes with the pearls and lovely image. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this card! It's so nice to see Christmas cards in blue and who would have thought...blue holly! I just love it.

    Terry Duncan
    www.classycutupscreations.com

    ReplyDelete