Sunday 7 February 2010

Do It Yourself

This card was good fun to make and I really like the outcome but it took me ages and was quite fiddly! It doesn't help that I'm really impatient and need to learn to let ink dry before I decide to touch it and smudge it everywhere.

This is for three challenges:
Tuesday Taggers - Teddies
One Stop Craft Challenge - Apple green, chocolate and cream
Polka doodles - Paper Piecing

This is my first go at paper piecing and I really like the effect it has created although I do need more patience and may not use it all that often as a technique. I stamped on to plain white paper, green cardstock and some Daisy and Dandelion ' A Winter's Tale' red dot paper with the Daisy and Dandelion 'Squeak goes decorating' stamp. The background papers are from an old Do Crafts goody bag.

Again the light is awful today, it's very miserable outside so I have included the photo with and without flash.


14 comments:

  1. This is adorable. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma this is too cute for words, reminds me off my Dad who was a painter and decorator to trade (hence my love off colours and patterns), I am off to St. Andrews as it is his rememberance tomorrow, 5 long, long years without my best friend...thanks for giving me a nice memory....and thank you also for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. trop mignonne j'adore ce nounours trop sympa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cute card!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our challenge at OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card fab image. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your first bit of paper piecing, great card. I'm just as impatient, it must be a crafter thing!! Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emma

    What a cute teddy and a really pretty card.

    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A real cute card, love that image, thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love the bear image and colours are great. Thanks for joining in with this weeks OSCC.
    Hugs Shelley x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, I just love that bear. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute image. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing along in the Polkadoodles Paper piecing challenge!cute card - bears are fab! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute card and love that image.
    Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles paper piecing challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete